Zulu Winter: Making Torsos Dance, Even When Sleepy

Tuesday 10 January 2012


Hearing Zulu Winter for the first time was the result of a productive and insomnia-induced hunt for new music late at night. It's the falling in and out of sleep that somehow creates a new listening experience. It was the first time I'd ever described listening to music as "feeling" it (perhaps it was the warmth of my macbook?). I so get it now, every artist/producer/dj/music-appreciator everywhere. Regardless, Zulu Winter makes me dance, even if it is just lazy torso swaying at 3 in the morning.

Already having done shows with Friendly Fires, Foster the People, and Givers, London's Zulu Winter has made a name for themselves whilst simultaneously securing a spot on my phone's limited memory.

Zulu Winter's music is fit for both lazy dancers and jittery-jump-dancers alike. If you're like me and you're both, even better. (If you are neither, you'll like them too. Also, please teach me how to dance like a proper human being.) A new single is set to be released in February, followed by an album later in the year. In the meantime, you can pick up their 7" single at Double Denim Records which includes both Never Leave and Let's Move Back to Front



DD008 A2: Zulu Winter // Let's Move Back To Front by Double Denim Records

No comments:

Post a Comment